Friday, July 20, 2012

Marbles and

saucers. One story more serious and one not so. Both are good, though. We read to learn, we read to understand, we read for fun. Seeing the world through different perspectives is always good. Enjoy the stories and let me know what you think.

An interesting article I read this week was reading during the summer. Students who read through the summer keep their skills far better than ones who don't. The stats were pretty dramatic. I was happy to think of all of  you who are reading. Good for you!

Have a great weekend of doing, sitting and relaxing with some reading thrown in for good measure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms.Basset
I really liked this story. It has a really good meaning. I liked that lupe didn't give up after knowing she was the slowest out of the girls. She just kept looking to find a sport she could play.
Macy

Ms. B. said...

Macy, I liked it too. My own daughter tried a number of sports before she found the one she loves. Not giving up, in sports or life, is a great trait. It's a trait I have sooooooooo seen in you and so many of your classmates. Good!!